Get your Zzzzzzzz!
While there is no ‘magic number’ when it comes to hours of sleep a person needs, studies agree that too little sleep reduces productivity, mental functioning and can lead to serious health consequences. Sleep allows the body to rest, refresh and repair – so purpose to get sufficient, quality sleep.
In general, experts recommend adults get between 7-9 hours a day. Sleep needs for children range greatly depending on age.
- Newborns (0-3 months ): Sleep range narrowed to 14-17 hours each day
- Infants (4-11 months): Sleep range widened two hours to 12-15 hours
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Sleep range widened by one hour to 11-14 hours
- Preschoolers (3-5): Sleep range widened by one hour to 10-13 hours
- School age children (6-13): Sleep range widened by one hour to 9-11 hours
- Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours
To move towards healthier lifestyle and sleep patterns, make sleep a priority, see how you respond to different amounts of sleep and pay attention to your mood, energy and health after good vs restless nights of sleep.
For more information, check out the reference source sleepfoundation.org