Familiar with cauliflower pizza?
Check out this version made with zucchini.
I came across this video from Tasty Japan on social media and had to share.
It’s family friendly, easy, cheesy, veggiliciousness.
See recipe below- I made a few slight adjustments and included nutrition information.
Zucchini Pizza Sticks
Recipe adapted from Tasty Japan video. Serves 6 (2 sticks per serving)
- 1 large zucchini squash
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons grated cheddar cheese (I like Trader Joe’s Unexpected Cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Grate washed zucchini onto a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze out moisture and add to grated zucchini to a large mixing bowl.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt and egg. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture in rectangle shape on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat (silicone mats are the bomb). Pat flat.
- Bake at 425 °F for 35-40 mins. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350°F.
- Remove, trim off rugged edges to make a neat rectangle. Sprinkle grated part- skim mozzarella and cheddar over the top.
- Return to oven. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into 12 sticks and serve with marinara sauce dipping sauce.
Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze.
Note: These sticks would also be wonderful in place of bread sticks with soup or alongside a hearty salad for a Meatless Monday meal.
Nutrition Information per serving (2 sticks – not including marinara sauce):
Calories 104, Protein 8 g, Carbohydrate 4 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 2 g, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2 g, Omega 3 – DHA 4 mg, Cholesterol 43 mg,
Calcium 198 mg, Potassium 219 mg, Sodium 381 mg, Copper 57 µg, Iron 1 mg, Magnesium 20 mg, Phosphorus 173 mg, Selenium 7 µg, Zinc 1 mg, Vitamin A 63 µg RAE, Vitamin B6 0.2 mg, Vitamin B12 0.6 µg, Vitamin C 12 mg, Folate 22 µg DFE, Choline 32 mg
If they look good to you, please share. If you give them a try, please share your thoughts!
God bless and be well!